What: Second to None Flea Market
Where: Jaaga, Double Road, near the fly over, just after HDFC Bank
When: 9 AM to 6 PM
Entry fee this time: Rs.30 (the fee will go towards supporting Jaaga)
Quite an exciting line up for this Flea Market! Here it is
Magic with paper!
Pick up tricks that your deft fingers will love, as the talented 14 year old, Angad Gummaraju, shows you how to make functional objects with used paper. Boxes for knick knacks, tea light shades and more.
See his blog here for more fascinating pieces of origami.
Time: 10 AM to 1 PM
This pic: Box to store small supplies.
11 AM to 12 noon, catch Sudhakar Prabhu as he drums up some music on bottles, dabbas (boxes) and anything that sounds off. Music lovers join in as he engages you with some cool music.
Refresh Stall: Rabi from Refresh will be talking to you through the day about how he turns paper, plastic and odds and ends into these gorgeous lamps.
11 AM onwards, biker enthusiasts walk in to listen to Nikhil (of BOTS previously) and Balu Ramananda on revving up your bicycles with used parts, building a Fixie and more do-it-yourself bike projects.
Get your rock memorabilia at Artisense. Pictures, prints of the roaring 60s and 70s! LPs, frames, coasters, place mats – every one a sure conversation starter!
Taantra Organic Cakes (all day)
Mr.Joseph with sandwiches, coffee and tea (all day)
Supriya with cupcakes (second half)
Updates will continue to appear in the Second to None group and on the event page. So do check there!
A gleeful hello! holler to the 800+ strong group 🙂
WoW! Second to None has been on a high these last 3 months! Creative recycling ideas, practical advice, buying and selling any and all kinds of used stuff! Plus the excitement of looking forward to the next flea market where we can meet the people behind the ideas and take a first hand look at all the creativity, grab products at throw away prices, and find little treasures – it is here!
Date: Nov 12th, 2011
Venue: Jaaga again, on Double Road, one of the most conducive places for creativity in this city!
Time: 9 AM to 6 PM
What can you expect at the flea market?
- Individuals selling used goods, which could be used goods, vintage goods, art, photographs, new and sparsely used goods, pretty much anything you would expect from a typical flea market!
- Books, CDs, DVDs, electronics, decor, bags, utensils, crockery, small furniture, tools, lamps, well preserved clothes, and much much more.
- Voluntary organizations helping others earn a livelihood like A Hundred Hands and ANU Group with hand crafted products.
- Very innovative, upcycled products made from reclaimed waste, paper, and so on.
- Practitioners of conservation / recycling techniques sharing their experiences and enabling us to do the same.
- JAAGA screening of meaningful films for visitors at the venue on the same day. This is a must attend! More details on this soon.
A registration form for sellers and guidelines will be up soon on the blog right here. So do not forget to check back.
Do take a few minutes to read up the simple guidelines under the READ ME FIRST section in the top, right corner of this blog for generic flea market information, and gear up, spread the word!